Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dr. Dre Presents Diddy With Trophy At ASCAP’s 24th Annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards [Video]

ASCAP’s 24th Annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards were held yesterday (June 24) in Beverly Hills, California.

Dr. Dre took time away from his 'Detox' recording sessions to present Diddy with the ASCAP Founders Award.

"Puff has been a creative force behind some of our biggest hits and has help push rap music into the worldwide industry that it is today," Dre said. "He also introduced us to one of the greatest emcees of all time the Notorious B.I.G.. I've had a chance to expereience his hustle myself, so I know he's no joke. I’ve been inspired, I’ve been motivated by this man’s hustle."

"Give it up for Dre and the gym," Puffy said when he took the podium, joking about Dre's muscles. "Yall don't know how happy I am right now. I truly appreciate this. The feeling of just being acknowledged by your peers. I don’t know if ya’ll know my favorite producer in the world ’cause we in a room of producers and writers. … Dr. Dre my whole life has just been my favorite producer.

Watch Puffy's acceptance speech below.



No comments: